Monday 16 November 2015

Sunday Bakes // Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love love LOVE Sundays. The one day where it seems acceptable to do as little or as much as you wish. 

There are lots of things I like to do on my lazy (or not so) Sundays. I like going out for a walk, spending a few hours reading, and watching some of my favourite TV shows. But most of all, I love spending the day baking. 


With this in mind, and after a LONG time away from blogging, I have decided to start a blog series documenting my sunday bakes (hence the name!) So here is the first in my new series.




And what a bake to start with. These healthy chocolate chip cookies are derived from this recipe I found on pinterest (ye olde faithful). As well as being deliciously light and chewy, these little pillows of taste are butter, flour and refined white sugar free! Result!





Healthy [+ Flourless] Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 15 cookies

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups oat flour 
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
4 TBSP dark brown sugar
1 large egg
2 TSP almond extract
1 TSP bicarbonate of soda
1 TSP cinnamon

Instructions

To make the oat flour, using a blender or food processor, blend the oats until they resemble a fine powder .
In a medium bowl, combine the egg, almond extract & brown sugar.
Melt the coconut oil, let it cool, then add to the egg mixture and beat till combined.
Stir in the oat flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon, then fold in the dark chocolate chips.
Refrigerate the dough for one hour (or more).

Preheat the oven to 180C. 
Remove the dough from the fridge, and roll into a log shape.
Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 15 pieces, and shape with fingers to form cookie shapes.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Allow to cool before tucking in!










A great alternative bake for cookie lovers everywhere!



Have a happy week!

Rosie
x

No comments :

Post a Comment