Wednesday 1 July 2015

July Wish List



JULY? ALREADY?
We are now over halfway through 2015, which is a really crazy thought. Summer is by far my favourite season, and with this first week of July set to be a scorcher in England, I am one happy English Rosie!



To Visit


Marrakech

Morocco has been on my travel wanderlust list for a LONG time, and this month I finally get to go. I am mentally preparing myself for the onslaught of heat and colour, and cannot wait to sample some proper authentic cuisine. 

To See



Carmen Opera

Since I can remember, I have always been a musical theatre fan. For our birthday every year, my Grandparents used to take me and Molly to see a musical in the West End. Now I am a little older, I really fancy going to watch a live Opera. Carmen is a production by the English National Opera, a passionate tale of lust and betrayal. If you can't make it there for the final few shows, the ENO are also broadcasting to cinemas nationwide today, so check out the website to see if you can watch it somewhere near you. 

To Eat


Castle Cottage, Oakham

With the summer comes al fresco dining, and what better place for a spot of outdoor lunching than Castle Cottage. The cafe boasts the most beautiful quintessentially English garden, and the afternoon tea is an absolute winner. They are also hosting a wine event at the end of the month if a bit of vino is more your thing.

To Read


Songs of Ice and Fire

The end of season 5 of Game of Thrones has left a little void in my life, especially on a Monday night! I am going to try and fill that void with the books on which the show is based. I have downloaded them on to my kindle and am just finishing my current read before beginning them!

To Buy


Map bunting

My room is already chockablock with bunting, but I love the design and concept of this one from not on the highstreet. It would be great outdoors, if only it were waterproof!

To Wear


BeyGOOD t-shirt

As an avid Beyonce supporter, I love this top and the message behind it. I think it would look great with light denim jeans and sandals, or even a pair of denim shorts and converse.


To Cook


Rainbow salads are the most appealing and nutritious according to dieticians. This asian cucumber noodle salad would be great for a picnic or along side a fish dish for dinner. 

To Bake


It is no secret that I love a G&T. This recipe incorporates my favourite weekend tipple in to a ring cake, perfect to serve up to guests at any special occasion, even if that occasion is simply the sun staying out ALL WEEKEND. 

To Drink


I am also partial to a glass of prosecco or two, and this cocktail incorporates the fizzy stuff with fresh fruit and peach juice to make a punch worth celebrating.

Have a fabulous July, and don't sweat the small stuff!

Rosie
x

No comments :

Post a Comment