Sunday 28 June 2015

This Week's Happiness List


I love the saying 'travel is the only thing you can buy which makes you richer'. It goes without saying that I love a good trip away, and this week has been spent exploring the beauty of Slovenia with my friend Bex. We woke up bright and early on Tuesday morning to head to Luton (shout out to James for being a gem and driving us there at 5am!) for our early flight out to Ljubljana. We spent the week sightseeing, biking, kayaking and being general tourists in the beautiful country. Several Slovenian blog posts to come, but for now here are some of my happy moments:

It was a real break away after a stressful year for the both of us at university, and I felt the most relaxed I have felt in a long, long time! Here is to our next trip to Barcelona, along with the rest of the gang!


1. Starting Orange is the New Black Season 3 on Netflix. OITNB is one of my fave series, and I held out for a while to start watching the new episodes, but I watched a few on Monday whilst James was at work and am already hooked again!

2. A farewell meal with James at Ask Italian in Stevenage. We sat in the conservatory room at the rear of the restaurant and enjoyed a drink before ordering. Shout out to the Sea Breeze mocktail which I thoroughly enjoyed! The food was delicious and our waitress was an absolute delight. Good, friendly service really makes all of the difference. 

3. Stretching our legs and learning along the way with the Ljubljana Free Walking Tour. The 2.5 hour tour gave us a real incite into the countries history and let us see all the main sites of the green city. I highly recommend free walking tours to anyone visiting European capitals, I have been on loads in the past two years and find they are the best way to get the most from your trip. 

4. Hiring bikes and exploring Ljubljana and Tivoli Park on a warm summers day. Bex and I hired bikes and spent the day in the park, picnicking and peddling away.

5. Rediscovering my love for Aperol Spritz. My uni friend Becky first introduced me to it, and I spent my Europe trip last summer drinking it in every destination I could. In Slovenia Aperol Spritz was always on the menu, and at €3.90 (about £2.70) for a big glass, I couldn't say no!

Rosie
x




No comments :

Post a Comment