Thursday 18 June 2015

Summer Bucket list



With June well under away, summer 2015 is now well and truly upon us. 
This is a BIG summer for me. In July I will be graduating from University of Liverpool, and in August I will turn the big 21. Come September, I will begin my graduate career. So in essence, this is my last proper long student style summer (even though I am no longer a student, sad times!). 


With this in mind, I have compiled a list of things I want to do this summer. Along with working part time, I am hoping to appreciate my last few months of freedom. Of course, I want to do all the usual summer things; barbecues with my family, picnics with my friends and enjoying Pimms in the sun as much as possible. So this list includes a few of the things I hope to spend the next few months doing:



1// Start learning a language. I have just re-installed Duolingo and am hoping to do 10 minutes or so a day. I have always loved the idea of being bilingual, and although I am a long way off from that, I would love to be able to hold a short conversation in Italian!



2// Reading list. I am a sucker for books. I have a heap of them at home, and one day hope to have enough for my own little study come library! I have made a reading list for the summer, so all I need now is to do a massive haul at Waterstones!



3// Meditation and concentrating on my mindfulness. I am thinking of purchasing a headspace subscription after finishing the 10 day free trial one and finding it really helping me to relax and reflect.




4// Yoga. This goes hand in hand with number 3. I am looking at finding online tutorials to help me become one of those yogi girls, so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know!



5// Try my hand at tennis/any outdoor sport.



6// Charity event. I'd love to do a little something for charity this summer, whether it be a sponsored event or perhaps hosting an afternoon tea/picnic.



7// Travel to some new places, both at home (in the UK) and away. I have a few trips booked to Ljubljana, Marrakesh and Barcelona, and some UK city trips in the pipeline.


8// Strawberry picking. Or fruit picking of any kind really. It just seems like the ultimate British summer time activity. 


9// Attend some local festivals, whether that be food, film or art ones.

Rosie
x

2 comments :

  1. Absolutely love this post! My post for next week is what I want to do in my holidays - definitely going to be adding some ideas to my list after reading yours! If you don't mind me asking, what graduate career are you entering into? :)

    P.S. I love yoga, check out this channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBu-pQG6sTY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading what you have planned for the summer Raashi :)
      I have a place on the Vodafone graduate scheme in the Sales & Services department.
      Thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out :)
      Rosie
      x

      Delete