Saturday 21 March 2015

This Weeks Happiness List


The past week has mainly consisted of me sitting in the library trying desperately to get my thoughts to form a decent enough argument for my Philosophy essay. After handing it in Thursday evening, I felt that oh so brilliant sense of relief. I now only have 2 more coursework assessments to go before the revision starts for finals, scary stuff! I am spending the weekend at home, which always makes for a good time. In fact, I am currently sat watching the rugby with James by my side getting frustrated with England's performance so far!


Without further adieu, here are my five happy things from this week-

1. Watching countless episodes of House M.D. on Netflix. I have become seriously addicted to the medical drama and am speedily making my way through season 6!

2. Receiving parcels in the post. I have received not one, but two parcels this week! The first was from the lovely people over at Natural Balance Foods. They sent me over a mixed case of Trek Protein Flapjack bars to try. I was delighted to open the package and see all the different flavours, the banana bread particularly caught my fancy! These bars are  great for breakfast on the run, or pre/post gym snack. The second parcel was courtesy of James, a little case of all my favourite treats from The Sweet Club. He knows the way to my heart!

3. Friday marking the first day of Spring. The days are getting longer, the mornings brighter and the weather *slightly* warmer. 

4. Reading Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone on my train journey home. Ellen kindly lent me the first two books as I was desperate to read them following my recent visit to the Warner Brothers Studio. I am hoping to finish it on the journey back tomorrow so I can start Chamber of Secrets ASAP.

5. Saturday baking. James and I spent Saturday afternoon in the kitchen baking some treats, 'Millie's Cookies' and 'Fudgy Mocha Brownies'. If you fancy a nosey, I kindly took an instagram. You're welcome ;)

Rosie
x

12 comments :

  1. I love receiving things in the post, but I hate when I miss them and have to collect from the post office! So excited for spring and more sunny and warm weather. Spring is one of my favourite seasons always feels like a new start.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, missing them is always the worst!
      Sunny weather is an instant mood brightener isn't it?!
      Rosie
      x

      Delete
  2. There's nothing better to reread than Potter! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I'm such a fan of Harry Potter! I have read each book at least 7 times but now I want to make it 8! I just never get tired of re-reading them! I hope you had a lovely sunshiny weekend and you just can't beat spending a day in the kitchen making all sorts of goodies can you?!

    Carly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spending time in the kitchen baking, I cannot wait to have my own kitchen with a kitchen aid and everything!
      Rosie
      x

      Delete
  4. I LOVE baking afternoons with my boyfriend :) it's such a lovely chilled out thing to do together!

    I've been meaning to get on the House MD bandwagon for aaaages. Should probably start soon before Netflix decide to remove it!! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best. We always make two bakes and have a competition to see whose is most popular!
      Get on the House bandwagon, it is seriously addictive.
      Rosie
      x

      Delete
  5. All those things make me smile :)

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete