Sunday 15 March 2015

Liverpool Bucket List


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13834027/?claim=w5fewpe9kr6">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Unbelievably, my University journey is nearing the end. It seems like two minutes ago that I was first touring the Liverpool campus and soaking up the Scouse culture, deciding that this was the place I wanted to spend my undergraduate career.

This week marked the beginning of the end. Our graduation dates have been announced, and I am currently studying for my final semester of my BA. Time flies when you're having fun!

Over the past few weeks, Emma and I have been jotting down the places we want to visit before we leave the city. Despite living here for almost three years, there are still so many places I haven't yet experienced. We decided to make an official 'bucket list' of these places, and promised to tick them all off by the end of the semester.


After spending Saturday morning in the library (final year problems), we headed into the city centre to begin ticking places off of our list. 





Our first stop was the Metropolitan Cathedral. Despite being right next door to Uni, neither of us had ever visited it before. 
The stained glass windows are really something to marvel at, and we tried our hardest to capture their beauty on camera, not an easy feat! 
We were both delighted to turn a corner and find the 'All Together Now' statue nestled away in the Cathedral. We had both missed it when it had been at the bombed out church at the end of last year, and it was great to finally see it in real life. A truly magnificent sculpture capturing the truce of Christmas Day during WW1.








Second on our agenda for the afternoon was a visit to the Central Library. Situated next to the World Museum, the library boasts some spectacular architecture, marrying the old and modern perfectly. 
We enjoyed a slow wander around the various reading rooms, absorbing all the information on the celebration of the Philharmonic's 175 years. 
I have always dreamed of owning my own library, and this cemented my dream even further. I will now not be content without at least one room in my future dream home filled with floor to ceiling book shelves and a lounging chair. Bliss.




After soaking up some Liverpool culture, we did a spot of shopping. 
As always, we paid a visit to Paperchase, and I couldn't help but snap some of the hilarious cards they have in there! 





We ended our day of playing tourists with a visit to Maray on Bold Street

We sipped on glasses of prosecco and nibbled some olives and pickles, discussing our plans for the summer and entering the big wide world come graduation in July!

Three places down, thirteen to go!
Rosie
x

2 comments :

  1. Lovely post about this beautiful city, seems like you had a great time visiting places. I love Maray, you can read my review if you like at http://cococami.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/an-evening-at-maray-liverpool.html have you tried Roja Pinchos on Berry Street? I would recommend their Sunday offer, £15 for unlimited pinchos and a glass of cava! So many delicious food places here now!

    Best wishes,

    Camille xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! My boyfriend is from Liverpool so I get to go up there quite a bit :)
    Will have to try out Maray! x

    www.ellebloggs.com

    ReplyDelete