Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Taste of Italy- Chilli Prawn Pasta*


* This is a collaborative 'Kale recipe' post with Florette   * 

Chilli Prawn Pasta is the perfect mid-week meal.
It is cheap, simple and packs a lot of flavour in very few ingredients, light on your tummy and your purse. I adapted this recipe from a delicious magazine one which is a tried and tested favourite of mine. 


I have actually been meaning to post about this recipe for a while. 
As chance might have it, Florette contacted me last week asking if I would like to sample their new product range including 'baby kale'. As a massive vegetable fan (sad, I know!), I jumped at the chance! They also kindly sent me a copy of the wonderful cook book 'A Salad For All Seasons' which I will do a review of in due course!

For a serving (1 person- simply double, triple or quadruple for a group!) you will need-

Pasta (dry weight 60-75g)
75g Tiger Prawns (Cooked)
125g Cherry Tomatoes
20g Peppadew Peppers in Oil (in a jar)
A Garlic Clove
TSP Lazy Chilli
30g baby kale/spinach/rocket
Oil

Before you get stuck in, fill a small sauce pan with water, bring to the boil, and start cooking your pasta. Now, finely slice the garlic, halve the cherry tomatoes and roughly chop the peppers.

Heat a medium frying pan with some oil (I used Fry Light Olive Oil) before adding the tomatoes, peppers, garlic and the chilli. Keep stirring it.




After a few minutes add the prawns, making sure they are thawed all the way through if they are from frozen. Mix it all together and then add the kale/spinach/rocket. 


Keep mixing it all as the leaves start to wilt.


Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water away and tip it in to the mixture.


Give it one last stir for good measure and serve it up.


Bish bash bosh, real good nosh!

Rosie
x

PS. Thank-you to Florette for sending me the cook book, salad vouchers and goody bag, much appreciated!

9 comments :

  1. This looks so good! I wish I could get on the kale train and this could definitely help me out. I love kale in smoothies but I haven't tried out this mix. Very creative!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com / creative + lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kale in smoothies are great!
      Have you ever tried making kale crisps? They are super easy and really nice to snack on!
      Rosie
      x

      Delete
  2. It was, and so simple!
    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely, thank you for the recipe! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Camille, I would love to!
      Rosie
      x

      Delete
  4. looks amazing! yum !!! yum !!!

    I am following you now :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow Marie :)
      Rosie
      x

      Delete
  5. This looks really delicious and healthy- I've only just got into the kale hype but it does seem to go so well with pasta.
    www.ablogbygeena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this pasta looks amazing, I need to try it :)

    I'm running a GHD eclipse giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete