Friday 10 January 2014

Sassy, But Savvy Sale Shopping

My name is Rosie, and I am a shopaholic.

Phew, glad to have that out in the open. So, it was only a few days back I was gracing my blog with my newest January blues buys, and now here I am, at it again. 

In my defence, it is January and the sales are bursting with bargains. And there is nothing a student shopaholic loves more than a few bargains, am I right? 

Our playground of choice was Nottingham. My mother, Molly, and I zoomed off in cherry (red fiat 500 to most) and our dear friends Kate and Meg zipped along behind us in Dorris (or black mini cooper). We parked up, and off we headed to shop till we dropped. 

We spotted an array of decorative elephants gracing the shopping centre floor, and being the keen instagrammers we are, started snapping away. 





The rest of the day was a blur of shopping bags, changing rooms and pounding the high street in search for the best buys. Luckily for you, Molly and I have tried out our latest buys and did a little fashion show at home (don't tell me we are the only ones who have always done this after purchasing new garments?!).

First up, the party buys of the season.


This beautiful LBD is courtesy of Zara, sale price £22. 





Another Zara black number, low back top, £_, paired with Topshop leggings, with student discount £__.



The final party piece was a steal from Primark, it also came in blue, black and burgundy, and at £5 you can't really go wrong now can you!




I had my sensible head on, and went for some more season appropriate items.


I've been after thick leggings like these for a lifetime, and managed to pick these up from Topshop for just £7! I've teamed it with my super soft jumper, also courtesy of Topshop. 


Possibly my favourite purchase of the day, and undisputably the softest, was my fab new onesie, from SoCal. It has the comfiest feet and even a tail to boot!


My final topshop purchase, this beautifully thick knitted scarf, teamed here with another Primark bargain, blue jumper for £3!

We picked out some best bits from our non clothing related buys, first up these disney princess socks, courtesy of Primark.



Next up, Mollys new obsession, and rightly so, 'drink me chai' instant chai tea drinks. They come in spiced and vanilla and are perfect for warming those coggles, available at Sainsburys and on their online shop.



My latest foodie must have is this drink tumbler, purchased from TKMAXX. It's double walled and has a fitted straw, great for grabbing a smoothie and having breakfast on the go.



The most innovative buy for a night out is courtesy of my new urban outfitters clutch. It can fit my phone in a handy strap, card, keys and money and can fit neatly in my hand. Plus, in black it will go with everything.



Finally, Molly's purchase of this philosophy book, sort of like an encyclopaedia to all things philosophy, or as my mum put it, 'your degree in a book'! It makes for great reading for those interested in learning a little about philosophy, but also great for revising theories in a hurry. 



Happy shopping everyone!

Rosie
x


No comments :

Post a Comment