Monday 24 June 2013

The Last Supper

 "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."                                                                                               -Augustine of Hippo


 After the excitement of our first year at University, my sister and I were more than glad to be back home. The fresh air and fields were a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of our university cities, and we embraced the sun with days spent in the garden and going on long bike rides. 
But the calm of being home was soon replaced with the inevitable nerves and utter excitement for our 2 week European adventure. My twin sister and I had decided to book a trip with Euroventure to go inter-railing around western Europe. There will be many blogs about my trip once I return, from places all around Europe as we are visiting Germany, France, Holland and Italy (so lots of foodie blogs too!!). 


Due to the summer sun making an appearance, my parents decided to lay on a barbeque for our final meal before we headed off on our travels. The sun was shining, the coals were burning and the table was lay, waiting for us to pounce on the food once it was finished.



 We sipped on wine and vodka tonics excitedly discussing the weeks of fun we had to come, eagerly awaiting the meal ahead of us.

 Freds lounging around




McKay sisters enjoying the summer sun



The welcome call for dinner was made, and we rushed to sit, all wanting the sun spot, however Nana was the lucky one this time! The salad and side dishes were lovingly prepared by my mum, whereas my Dad was in charge of the manly as ever BBQ task!






Salted Caramel Cheddar, D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S



Stuffed from a delicious meal, we headed inside as the sun went down and enjoyed a coffee in our favourite mugs, two guesses who these belong to; 


Rosie
x

No comments :

Post a Comment